[Qgis-community-team] 5th French speaking QGIS user Conference (Montpellier, France)

Yves Jacolin (public) yjacolin at free.fr
Sun Oct 15 07:00:15 PDT 2017

The Francophone local chapter of OSGeo (OSGeo-fr) and Montpellier SupAgro are
organizing a two-day meeting around QGIS for the Francophone community. This
meeting will take place on December 14th and 15th at Montpellier SupAgro.

The first day is organized as a barcamp: an informal workshops where you can
suggest topics, present papers, exchange, discuss. It is an informal but
organized time to exchange between users, contributors and financiers. Feel
free to discover an original form of contributions to QGIS!

Some topics:

* How to translate QGIS
* How to use QGIS on a tablet (QField)
* How to create a map with QGIS and broadcast on the net
* QGIS and PostGIS couple

Several presentations will take place on the second day. This year, the theme
of this day is "QGIS 3.0 : what will change in this new release for users ?".
In the evening we invite you to join us for a drink in a place that will be
given during the day.

If you want to get some feedback from the community, get some help to prepare
or discuss a particular topic before the day you can discuss it on the
Francophone or QGIS-User-fr Mailing list.

The detailed program, registration form and other information are available on
the official page http://conf.qgis.osgeo.fr/ (FR)

* Call for presentation open until November, 7th
* Call for sponsorship open until November, 7th
* Release of program md-November

See you soon in Montpellier!

# About Montpellier SupAgro and AgroTIC training

Montpellier SupAgro is a teaching and research institution that trains
agronomists. The AgroTIC training is a training carried by Montpellier
SupAgro. Every year we train fifteen agronomists with dual expertise in
geomatics. QGIS is a central tool in our training on the one hand to the
functionality of spatial information management it offers and also because it
is open and free and can be reused by our future graduates whatever their
professional context. For 3 years, we organize an event around QGIS discussion
in which our students can meet professionals who use this software. This event
also allows them to value the teachings they have followed since they also
present new features of QGIS before the professionals.

Montpellier SupAgro : www.supagro.fr
AgroTIC : www.agrotic.org

# About OSGeo-fr

OSGeo-fr is a legal association, formely the Francophone representation of
Open Source Geospatial Foundation, whose mission is to support and promote the
collaborative development of geospatial data and open technologies. The
association serves as a legal entity to which community members can contribute
by source code, sponsorisation and other resources to ensure that their
contributions will be maintained for public benefit. OSGeo also serves as
organization of reference and support for open source geospatial community,
and provides a common forum and shared to improve collaboration between
infrastructure projects.

http://www.osgeo.asso.fr