[Qgis-community-team] Hello

Niall Conway conwayniall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 14:39:22 PDT 2017

Hi Harrissou,
Thanks for the getting back to me and for filling me in on the challenges
which your team faces. I had a look at the list and I agree, it seems like
there's a lot of work there. QGIS project is obviously a pretty complex
beast!

I don't have much document management experience myself but it seems as if
you have a Github repo system that works for you - I imagine that you are
using an xml to pdf conversion system when it comes to updating the
document?

I was wondering if you or one of your team would like to Skype some evening
so that I could get a rundown on what's involved and to maybe see where I
could help. I would probably be of little use in terms of document
management, however I might be able to help on the training side. Content
development is more of my strong side and I'm always interested in trying
to break down concepts and processes graphically. I use a lot of graphic
design and video software especially.

I'd be happy to tell you more about what i am hoping to achieve (re.
corporate online training) and hopefully there could be some overlap with
my efforts. I expect that making the QGIS documentation process more
manageable and sustainable will be a priority in advance of the 3.0
release..
Speak soon,

Niall