[Qgis-community-team] Documentation screenshots

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 06:06:51 PDT 2018

Hi guys,

I think it is time to review the screenshot policy of the documentation.
Right now in the guidelines is stated that:

same environment for all the screen caps (same OS, same decoration, same
font size). We have used Ubuntu with Unity and the default “ambience”
theme. For screenshots of QGIS main window and layouts we have set it to
show menus on the window (not the default in unity).

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/writing.html#add-new-screenshots

at them moment the major (if not all) work on screenshot updating is
done by Alexandre (huge kudos) on an Ubuntu machine (tell me if I'm wrong).

IMHO Alexandre cannot take all this work on his shoulder: a typical
example is a small small change in the doc that needs also an updated
screenshot. We can have people stuck on this just for a screenshot (let
me say this again: this is not Alexandre fault, he is super quick in
updating ;) ).

I know perfectly that having mixed DE in the same page explaining the
same thing is ugly.

What can we do?

Cheers

Matteo