[Qgis-community-team] Documentation screenshots

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:10:18 PDT 2018

I am not sure if the QGIS gui output inside a docker container is stable
enough in all platforms. But a VM would be perfect for that.

Still, that implies another layer of work for documentation writers. So, I
would prefer to allow adding/updating figures using the any desktop
environment.

Maybe we should change the writing guidelines saying that the screenshots
should be done preferably using Desktop X. Instead of forcing it.

Alexandre Neto

A seg, 27/08/2018, 18:32, Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr> escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> Le 26/08/2018 à 08:08, matteo a écrit :
> >> At the time we set this rule, I had enough free time to take care of all
> >> screenshots. Now, (Un)fortunately I don't. So I would prefer using my
> >> time doing other stuff for the documentation.
> > and that is perfectly reasonable ;)
> And unfortunatly, there is other contributor in the same case.
> >> I would say that the documenter should had screenshots in his own
> >> Desktop environment (or use a VM to use Ubuntu)
> >>
> >> Then, either we get someone to replace them all, or we go with whatever
> >> DE the person writing the docs used.
> >>
> >> Besides, Ubuntu has changed his Desktop manager from unity to gnome. I
> >> will probably move to kubuntu. So we could think about using
> >> preferentially any other desktop environment that suits our needs.
> >>
> >> Now a days I would not oppose to preferentially do windows 10
> >> screenshots, as most our users would feel more comfortable, and we might
> >> more easily get some contributors.
> > so then we agree: documenter uses his/her own DE. Maybe not super
> > beautiful but it is also true that the differences are really really
> small
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Matteo
> Can't we try to use a QGIS docker image to use the same UI?
>
> Y.
>
> --
> http://yjacolin.gloobe.org

Alexandre Neto