[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation: increase the speed of documentation writing

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Sep 26 00:20:09 PDT 2018

Hello,

Le 20/09/2018 à 10:25, DelazJ a écrit :
> About some topics discussed in this thread, I'm less enthusiastic with
> what I seem to understand.
> I personally really prefer to merge a clean PR  without issues (and
> sorry if ever I bothered some with all my (nit-?)picking), than
> letting issues I'm aware of being merged and hope that someone else
> (who?) will later treat them (when?). And if those issues are not
> fixed before release, what about translators workload? Do we ask them
> to translate the doc as is and if ever the issue is fixed, to
> translate those strings again? Or do we consider that once a doc is
> released, we do not touch it again (in which case what about the
> issues we let pass in the PR)?
> As said, maybe I misunderstand the topic.

The topic seams clear: how to speed up (and, so, make PR easier). If I
understood you well, you propose to not change anything.

You said:

> And if those issues are not fixed before release

This is based in case of a release, what if we can't release the
documentation before, let's say, one year? Why do we need to think to
translator if we can't make a new release?

Second, if we can make minor release of QGIs, why we can't do it for
Documentation? Why can't we based the workflow on "release early,
release often" princips? Translator will update a few string after each
release, and so? Transifex allow to find previous translation from
similar string, we won't change all the documentation, just some string.
That's not seem a big work.

I do still think that higher(st) quality is counter productive and I
think (but not hope) that in few months we won't increase the number of
contributor (rather decrease it).

I am open to new propositions but not to let this process as it
currently is.

Y.

--
http://yjacolin.gloobe.org