[Qgis-community-team] using python virtualenv for installing depenncies of repository QGIS-Documentation

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 20 07:42:19 PST 2019

I did the following to get a building environment
Note: I'm on Linux here:

cd /tmp (or whatever dir you are going to use)
git clone https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation.git
cd QGIS-Documentation
virtualenv -p python3 venv
source venv/bin/activate
pip install -r REQUIREMENTS.txt
make html

In master I then get:

writing output... [ 24%]
docs/training_manual/database_concepts/data_model

Exception occurred:
  File
"/tmp/QGIS-Documentation/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pygments/lexer.py",
line 191, in streamer
    for _, t, v in self.get_tokens_unprocessed(text):
RuntimeError: generator raised StopIteration
The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-dpwwe5au.log, if
you want to report the issue to the developers.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error
message can be provided next time.
A bug report can be filed in the tracker at
<https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues>. Thanks!
make: *** [Makefile:73: html] Error 1

I also get this error:

Warning, treated as error:
intersphinx inventory 'https://qgis.org/pyqgis/3.4/objects.inv' not
fetchable due to <class 'requests.exceptions.ProxyError'>:
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='qgis.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded
with url: /pyqgis/3.4/objects.inv (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect
to proxy.',
NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object
at 0x7ff955a647b8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2]
Name or service not known',)))
Makefile:69: recipe for target 'html' failed

So my feeling is that the intersphinx mapper:

source/conf.py
line 69:
intersphinx_mapping = {'pyqgis_api': ('https://qgis.org/pyqgis/3.4/', None)}

is not happy: so I would comment out that line for now

If still to working, let me know

Regards,

Richard