[Qgis-community-team] Improving PyQGIS cookbook. Question.

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:16:51 PST 2019

Hi,

If instead of writing the code snippets on the rst file, we could wrote
them all on a py file (or probably several), we can then use the sphinx ..
include:: directive to add them to rst file. Having the snippets separated
from the rest of the content would allow running some tests on them.

Regarding the link to the API. I think it's a good idea, but to not lose
the :class:`` looks, why don't we simply add a  See more section in each
exercise/part with those links?

Besides, I think we can use the intersphinx extension to grab those python
methods from the api.

Best regards,

Alex

Raymond Nijssen <r.nijssen at terglobo.nl> escreveu no dia terça, 15/01/2019
às 12:14:

>  > * Layout Composer?
> Last months I've been collecting my trial and error scripts in a folder
> called "recipies". Will add them after deciding on the new cookbook
> style. Many are about using layouts.
>
> On 15-01-19 12:13, matteo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as Raymond  said, thanks for raising this important subject.
> >
> > I find the idea of Raymond to have some code snippet to run with default
> > data very interesting and we can work on that during the next HF.
> >
> > Just some random ideas:
> >
> > * we don't have anything about macros (at least I think so). So having
> > some example here would be very useful
> > * some more detailed examples on data creation (QFields, QgsFeature,
> > QgsGeometry...) maybe?
> > * using pyqgis outside QGIS?
> >
> > I'm super available to help/test/improve/review/write the code.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Matteo

Alexandre Neto