[Qgis-community-team] Documentation writers meeting during HF

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Mar 5 03:30:07 PST 2019

On 05/03/2019 10.58, matteo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to propose the doc writer and contributors have a meeting during
> the hackfest. Several topics to discuss, here a short list on my mind:
>
> * branching the new LTR release
> * direct integration of transifex and github [0]
> * PR cue (stale bot...)
> * helping new contributors
> * cleaning issues list
> * pyqgis cookboox (integration of pyqgis samples of Thomas Gratier [1]
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Who is coming to the Hackfest?

Hi Mattea,

I am, and I'm in the workshop area now.

Yep, let's just plan a meeting, maybe Thursday morning?

After showing somebody the trick to write some docs I'm even more
convinced that we REALLY REALLY need the help of developers.
I do  not want to point to somebody, but just open some of the doc
writer issues:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/milestone/10

then try to place yourself in the shoes of a (less technical) doc writer
and try to figure out what is meant by the short sentence OR what
exactly is build... OR how to create a quick screenshot (without the
sometimes specially prepared data the developer had).

I do not want to sound negative, but I think it's almost not doable.

Doc writer really need more help/information/screenshots to get going.

But let's discuss in the meeting (but I hope also some devs read this :-) )

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde