[Qgis-community-team] Report of QGIS documentation meeting

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 09:35:06 PDT 2019

Hi all,

here a brief summary of the meeting we had:

* we will wait another week to push the translated resources of the
documentation of 3.4. We are waiting for the new transifex-github
integration method that should make things easier, but it seems hard to
put it in production

* get rid of the pdf documents but still provide downloadable resources
for online use as html zip file (for every language). Reasons: pdf
builder is not easy to maintain, heavy resources asking while with html
we have the same builder (we just need to create the zip files) and html
are usable offline together with QGIS (interactive links and help buttons)

* change doc theme to vanilla-rdt. There are still some issues and fix
to make, but we (thanks Richard) have already something online [0]. We
will work from time to time to fix all the issues and then publish it

* splitting the main repository into different ones (static vs dynamic)
is not a priority for now. There seems not to be blockers with the
current environment that works fine

* we still have some redirection issues of the main website (3.0 and
3.4). If someone is wiling to help Richard with apache and/or Tudor with
nginx is more than welcome

* this meeting was a great success: I think it is the first
documentation meeting of the QGIS history (?) so we thought that it is a
good habit to do this "often" (every 2 months or of course every time is
needed)

Thanks to all the participants!

Cheers

Matteo