[Qgis-community-team] QGIS-Docs makefile

Ian Maddaus maddaus at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 28 11:43:57 PDT 2019

I was building the documentation using make and I got this warning:

> Click discovered that you exported a UTF-8 locale
> but the locale system could not pick up from it because
> it does not exist.  The exported locale is "C.UTF-8" but it
> is not supported
> make: *** [html] Error 1

It directed me to this page:
https://click.palletsprojects.com/en/7.x/python3/

Long story short, changing line 18 of the makefile to "export LC_ALL=en_US.utf-8" resolved the problem and I was able to build the documentation.
Is there a setting that I should change that would make "C.UTF-8" work, or is this a problem that should be corrected in the makefile?