[Qgis-community-team] Grid for map item containing the region of swellendam

Larissa Junek l.junek at gmx.net
Sat May 11 04:42:27 PDT 2019

Hello,
I'm creating a map layout containing the region of swellendam (from the
qgis exercise data).
So far, the map item is displayed well in my layout. I created a grid in
the item properties but
have problems with this. I chose Grid --> Modify grid and filled in the
appropriate Interval units and Intervals.

In Settings --> Options --> CRS I use the default CRS EPSG: 4326 and on
the QGIS main canvas I can see that QGIS works with this CRS as well.

Following this procedure, no grid and coordinates are shown in my map
layout, there is only the map.

Is there something I have to consider e.g. make some more settings
concerning the CRS I use?

Can somebody help me?

Cheers, Larissa