[Qgis-community-team] QGIS install guide

Andrew Jeffrey aljeffrey83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 15:58:03 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have started work on this documentation issue #3873, an install guide for
QGIS - https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/3873

I have completed the section for Windows and would be happy to receive
feedback, suggestions, and corrections in my google doc below before
proceeding with the Mac and Linux installations.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lJzgp9NbAxFhKTUfv9gz1_mZp38UgF-Hu_H_rUKk1yk/edit?usp=sharing
If
you would like edit access, or want to collaborate on the creation of this
please let me know and I will give you edit access.

I am also posting this to the GSOD list as this issue was raised from a
GSOD project meeting early on. I understand that no tech-writers are being
assigned to QGIS items, however, if there are any volunteer tech-writers
hovering on the list and have the capacity to take a look I would
appreciate the help. Any advice on language, structure, best practice etc
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew