[Qgis-community-team] Informal online virtual meeting to hack - AKA QHackFriday

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Fri Aug 21 10:49:05 PDT 2020

Dear Community,

2020, as we all know, has been a special year and among plenty other issues
we had to cancel all our beloved hackfests. Since we first started holding
bi-annual hackfests in 2009, it will be the first time without an event
where our friendly community can meet.

That can’t be! We are a modern and thriving community based on exchange,
discussion and collaboration and should foster this even when physical
meetings are not possible.

I’m super excited to announce that after some very motivating discussions
on the HackFest telegram channel [2] and in the PSC, starting from next
week on every last Friday of each month we will hold an informal online
virtual meeting to hack around, document, discuss and in general meet the
awesome QGIS community.

There will normally be no formal agenda, no fixed schedule nor moderators,
simply join the QHackFriday (pronounced KwakFriday) on jitsi [0] and say
hi!

I added a page to the wiki [1], so if you have topics that you like to
discuss/present you can put them there and others might join you.

Stay safe and see you next Friday!

[0] https://meet.jit.si/QHackFriday

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QHackFriday

[2] https://t.me/joinchat/Aq2V5RPoxYYhXqUPoxRWPQ