[Qgis-community-team] Proposal: destination tag for issues

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:57:57 PDT 2021

Hi,

For reference, the random issue report mentioned by alexis is
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/6331

There was a time Havard and myself used to add the section in which an
issue report could be adressed but we were unfortunately most of the times
the ones who finally addressed them so we stopped doing it.
Following Alexis request I added a bunch of new labels, indicating the main
chapters in which they could be addressed.  Yes, we have tens of labels ;(
but seems that we are still far behind the code repo ;)

So far, the logic I followed is to split in kind of "themes" and the more
labels the more accurate the chapter indication. eg:
* "vector" + "properties" --> This info should go to the properties chapter
of vector
* "vector" + "raster" + "properties" --> This info should go in both the
properties chapters of vector and raster
* "style manager" + "labels" --> this belongs to the labels chapter under
the style manager chapter
* "vector" + "labels" --> belongs to labels section in the vector layer
properties chapter (so probably, "properties" would also be added)
*...

Opinions?
If we go that way (if, not scratching that wouldn't take time, no
worries!), what remains is to describe each label, so that potential
contributors can understand, and apply them to reports. Also worth a line
in the guidelines or readme. I think a team for triaging (same as the QGIS
repo has) is necessary and my attempt to create one few hours ago just
failed.

Regards,
Harrissou