[Qgis-community-team] Help - Problem in running GRASS Tools r.fill.dir

Rajesh Shekhawat shekhawat.rajesh at iricen.gov.in
Thu Aug 12 01:27:04 PDT 2021

I am using QGIS 3.12.3 with GRASS 7.8.3

As part of using QGIS for Hydrological Application (Delineation of Streams
using a DEM), I am using GRASS Tool r.fill.dir.  On giving this command,
the process starts but does not conclude at all.  WHile the progress bar
shows that processing is in progress but it does not conclude for even
hours together.

When SAGA Tool "Fill Sink and Remove Spikes" is aused on the same DEM, it
concludes in a few minutes and is working well.

Can somebody tell me the reason for this problem while using GRAS Tool.

--
Rajesh Kumar Shekhawat
Senior Professor (Projects)