[Qgis-community-team] Boundless (docs) & Central provisioning of QGIS plugins...

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 15 07:34:13 PDT 2021

Hi,

Got a question from a GIS person from a small company, asking me the easiest way to 'provision my QGIS users with some base plugins, so they all start with the same set of plugins'...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware that we provide some 'startup dir to be copied to...' or so.

BUT I found these (old?) Boundless docs (with QGIS2 code):
https://boundless-desktop.readthedocs.io/en/latest/system_admins/init_scripts.html
and
https://boundless-desktop.readthedocs.io/en/latest/system_admins/globalsettings.html

Found that:
- QGIS_INIT_SCRIPTS_DIRECTORY is not found in any QGIS source (anymore?)..
- but PYQGIS_STARTUP is [0]
- that is working
- using: qgis.utils.pluginMetadata('myplugin', 'version') I find the plugin version
- so updating the Boundless scripts should work?

Question:
- anybody better idea's?
- anybody knows WHO is 'holder' of the "Copyright © 2017 Boundless Spatial, Inc."
Because it would be very valuable to the community if we could incorporate this information/code in our Documentation.

Else we can of course try to write some docs ourselves?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/4c1b95ba9ee0d5f0e4c9664bd293003ef280ba31#diff-4238a332dc3ec110fd3231fdd8f8dc1be626a8b1a3be7bb43b514c2682fab9ce