[Qgis-community-team] Fwd: Turn off similar locale translation fill up

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:40:37 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com>
Date: terça, 22/03/2022, 17:22
Subject: Turn off similar locale translation fill up
To: QGIS Translation Discussions <qgis-tr at lists.osgeo.org>, qgis-community <
qgis-community-team at lists.osgeo.org>

Hi,

In the European portuguese translation, we are having some issues with
untranslated strings that get translated automatically using Brazilian
Portuguese. This introduces lots of "strange" translations from our point
of view. The main problem is that we don't have a good way t identify those
translations other than finding them in the GUI (normally in the middle of
a training session :-P).

This is caused by the pre-translation mechanism that tries to fill the
translations when the resources are updated.

Could we deactivate it? The other locale translations will show in
suggestions but not be applied automatically.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto