[Qgis-developer] can't respond to my bugs by the link in a message from Trac

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Apr 3 14:59:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:42:49 -0800
sherman at mrcc.com wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:25:37PM +0200, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
> > BTW: what do I do in order to access my bug report in now?
> >
> > In the email from Qgis bug tracking system I was told:
> >
> > > You can respond by visiting:
> > > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478378&aid=1245967&group_id=55820
> >
> That message is from the SourceForge bug tracker which we no longer
> use. Bugs should be filed at https://svn.qgis.org/trac.

So I shouldn't be advertised to use the link which is wrong, like this:

> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478378&aid=1245967&group_id=55820

All the folks who don't follow the qgis dev list enough/at all will
have the same problem. Their eventuall reply might never reach you,
depending on how much they care. I cared to ask on dev list and now I
know. They won't.

> We haven't migrated existing bugs from SF to the new system. You can
> either refile the bug or wait until we sort through them and import
> the old ones.

Recently I got few emails from Radim via bug tracker, (I don't know if
via Trac or the old system) in which I'm asked to reply to those
emails using https://sourceforge.net/tracker/ in order to provide
additional info as requested by Radim. But it doesn't work.

What do I do so that my replies regarding my bugs, on which Radim is
working now, are stored in Trac from now on?

> Also note - the mailing lists have moved as well. You should use the
> new mailing lists described at http://qgis.org.

OK, got it now. I used qgis-developer at lists.sourceforge.net because
that's what the bug tracking system used when contacting me.

Maciek