[Qgis-developer] printing to svg

Gavin Macaulay gavin at macaulay.co.nz
Tue Aug 1 06:04:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been looking at resolving a few of the problems with printing to svg
in qgis, but have run up against a number of problems with Qt4's
implementation of svg that make it difficult to produce correct svg's from
the qgis map composer.

I don't think that the current svg output from qgis is of a good enough
standard yet and would like to remove it from the map composer, or at
least inform the user that the output from it may be less than desired.

I note however that Qt4.1 now offers a print to pdf option which seems to
do the job well, and think that a save to pdf could be a suitable
replacement for save to svg until Qt4 sorts out it's svg stuff (or we find
and use an alternative svg writing library).

Comments?

Gavin