[Qgis-developer] creating a new vector layer supporting all line, point n polygon

nitin quick quick.nitin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 06:21:44 EDT 2006

hello everybody,
Currently i am trying to create a application which let me overlay( creation
of some  objects using mouse like marking something on map) some shapes over
current map.
For this purpose i am thinking of few steps:
1. Creating a new vector layer:
                  Issue: here issue is layer supports only either lineor
point or polygon but usually i want to have all of these available to me.
How i can sort out this issue?
2. Add projection information ( if this is independent of underlying map's
projection information)
3. Displaying it and editing it.

Any advices on how i can carry out this task more effectively is welcome.

regards
quickNitin