[Qgis-developer] custom projection definition

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed Aug 23 04:41:43 EDT 2006

Hallo,

maybe i do something wrong, but:

I would like to define my custom projection "Krovak  S-JTSK" with
following parameters:

Name: sjtsk
Parameters: +proj=krovak +ellps=bessel +no_defs +towgs84=570.8,85.7,462.8,4.998,1.587,5.261,3.56

It is not possible to add custom projection to QGIS. When I click on the
"Save" button, nothing is saved.

when I try to add just something common:
Name: myproj
Parameters: +proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84

It can not be saved either.

In sqlite:
sqlite> select * from vw_srs;
sqlite>

In the command line, only two lines appear:

QgsCustomProjectionDialog::getProjFromParameters()
QgsCustomProjectionDialog::getEllipseFromParameters()

And, I would say, the test does also not work, how expected:

I would say, that North and East are changed
and
when I try

Parameters: +proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84
North: 12
East: 24
the result is
0.2084
0.4189

is it wrong, that I'm expecting "12 14" ?

echo "12 24" |cs2cs +proj=latlong +to +proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84
12dE    24dN 0.000

??

short summary:
1) It is not possible to save custom projection
2) the "test" of custom projection does not work properly

qgis_unstable 0.8 fresh svn, build with dpkg-buildpackage on ubuntu 6.06

Thanks

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky