[Qgis-developer] Re: experimental win32-SVN-HEAD-snapshots

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 07:04:17 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that WMS provider gets the srs.db path
> from static QgsApplication::srsDbFilePath() which is
> inited in main(). WMS provider on Windows was built with staticaly
> linked core library and so the path was incorrect.
> Unfortunately if I used CORE_DLL the provider fails to load
> (QLibrary::open). I found that this works:
>   $(CORE_A) $(GUI_DLL)
> Yes, strange because QgsApplication is in core library so it
> should not work! Another strange thing is that OGR provider
> loads if compiled with DLL. I have submitted to SVN but
> it is not final solution.

Correction: WMS provider gets SRS via QgsSpatialRefSys
which is in gui lib, so it works as it should. Still no explanation
why it fails to load when compiled with core dll.

BTW, WMS should work? I cannot get anything displayed with
http://www.mpasol.it/cgi-bin/wmsdemo.php?request=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS

Do you have some free WMS service which works?

Radim