[Qgis-developer] Lib_Refactoring-branch update

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 6 08:08:54 EST 2006

Hi Martin,

I have a question regarding the spatial indexing. Do you use it additionally
to the indexing on the provider level or just for providers which do not
offer indexing (but AFAIK most do)?

I implemented spatial indexing in the WFS provider using the geos library.
They provide STR tree (modified R-Tree) and Quadtree. It would be interesting
to know about the pros and cons of geos compared to spatial indexing library.

cheers,
Marco