[Qgis-developer] Patch for compiling qgis-0.8pre2 with geos-3.0.0rc3

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 16 00:10:51 EST 2006

Gary Sherman wrote:

> Does this mean that it will also compile with GEOS 2.x?

Sorry, it is 3.x only.  With my very limited understanding of c++
programming, I can only guess if it's even possible to allow compiling
against both 2.x and 3.x.  I only made a few changes to what Mateusz
Loskot had already done get things going for me.  I tried allowing it to
compile against 2.x in the configure script after applying the patch,
and it doesn't like it the missing 'geos::' qualifier for the geos
classes.  So I figured that for now this is just useful for anyone that
really needs/wants to use GEOS 3.x along with QGIS, and as reference for
when QGIS.

> You are either missing qmake and lrelease (part of Qt) or the script is
> hardcoding paths not appropriate for your machine.

Other than tinkering with the stuff related to geos, nothing I've done
different from what I did with prerelease 2 (i.e., the configure options
and environment are identical).  Here are the options I used:

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --with-qtdir=/usr
--with-python --with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config
--with-geos=/usr/bin/geos-config --with-projdir=/usr
--with-sqlite3dir=/usr --with-postgresql=/usr/bin
--with-grass=/usr/grass-6.2.0 --with-gsl-prefix=/usr

My qmake and lrelease binaries for qt4 are located in
/usr/lib64/qt4/bin.  Is there something I need to do to tell it to look
there?

Regards,
Mike