[Qgis-developer] Patch for compiling qgis-0.8pre2 with geos-3.0.0rc3

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 16 02:39:38 EST 2006

Ok,

For some reason, adding /usr/lib64/qt4/bin to the path didn't do the
trick...I actually had to add a links to qmake and lrelease /usr/bin as
Gavin suggested.  It just seems strange that prerelase 2 had no problems
for me like this, but now the current version does...

FWIW, I've attached a patch for the current unstable source with the
extra changes I needed to get it to work with GEOS 3.x.  This took a
couple more changes to get working.  I had to include references to
TopologyException.h in qgsgeometry.cpp and qgsogrprovider.cpp, and make
a couple changes to the catch statements that used the TopologyException
class.

Also, it seems I still needed to add a symbolic link to the new geos
library for it to compile like so:

ln -s /usr/lib64/libgeos-3.0.0rc3.so /usr/lib64/libgeos.so.2

Anyway, I hope somebody finds this useful.

Regards,
Mike