[Qgis-developer] vector styles

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Dec 28 13:06:14 EST 2006

Hi

On 12/28/06, Magnus Homann <magnus at homann.se> wrote:
> Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Interesting - though it seems limited to only using dash patterns for
> > lines which is my problem with qt line styles too. I want to be able
> > to have more options e.g. for symbolising freeways etc on maps. Maybe
> > its there and I missed it in my speed reading...
>
> It appears that you can have severla parallel lines in a pen, and with
> different distance perpendicular to the center. Perhaps that could be used?

Ah yes that could do it. The other tricky bit is to work out how to
get qt4 to draw them efficiently. I read up ont he qt linestyles
before today. You can create custom dash patterns but anything more
involved will probaly involve overpainting the same line several times
to get the desired effect.

Regards

Tim

> Magnus