[Qgis-developer] Release Today 23h59 GMT

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 05:21:30 EST 2006

This is always a hard decision when to release a 'stable' version.
IMHO current SVN trunk is much more stable than 0.7 release, because
also many bugs have been fixed that were present there.

Also waiting one or more weeks doesn't make much sense for me - I
guess there might be new bugs to squash and the same scenario might
repeat. I don't see anything incorrect in releasing now: every piece
of software has its bugs, most of the software is being released also
in case it still has known issues.


On 12/29/06, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hash: SHA1
> Still, as there are mustfix bugs, why not releasing a beta, and waiting
> another week or so (until these 7 bugs will have been squashed)?
> We all want 0.8 to be released ASAP, but relasing a crashing version is
> not very good.
> pc

More information about the Qgis-developer mailing list