[Qgis-developer] Mac OS X vertex limitation

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Dec 31 19:52:59 EST 2006

There's a note in the Mac Qgis readme about the Mac build being
limited in the number of vertices per polygon due to a QuickTime
limitation (actually that's a QuickDraw limitation) as used in Qt.
Is this still valid?

I looked at the Qt docs for QPainter and Qt4 should be able to use
OSX's CoreGraphics now.  Unless maybe Qgis is still using a Qt3
compatibility thing and stuck on the QuickDraw method?  Though I'm
not sure if CoreGraphics has removed that vertex limitation or not
(one would think so).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect