[Qgis-developer] adding entry to legend view

humarco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 11 02:30:43 EDT 2006

Hi Nitin,

Currently not. In your case, i think you could put the points in a vectorlayer
and add this vector layer to the legend. It seems to me that your program
which reads from pipe is a kind of data provider (and thus could inherit from
QgsVectorDataProvider). So all you need to do is to add this provider to a
vector layer and add this layer to the legend. Like this, it would fit nicely
into the qgis layer/dataprovider philosophy. Is this right or are there
reasons why it can't be modelled like this?

Marco