[Qgis-developer] GRASS: attribute-editing

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Jul 11 03:30:56 EDT 2006

Dear devs,

I have an understanding problem ot the attribute-editing-popup in
GRASS-edit-mode.

When I start to create a new GRASS layer, added an attribute-table and
start to digitize a new object, the attribute window pops up and
one can enter attributes corresponding to the digitized object. So far,
so good.

In the middle of the attribute-window there is a "New" button, which
creates a second entry in the attribute-table linking to the same
geometry object, right?

I do not really understand the usecase where double entries in the
attribute-table for one geometry oobject are necessary.

If someone could elaborate on this usecase I would appreciate it.
Otherwise I would suggest that the "New"-button is only clickable when
no attribute-entry for the geometry is in the table, otherwise it could
be greyed out?!

But perhaps I do not understand the usage of this button correctly at
the moment so please forgive.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508