[Qgis-developer] GRASS: attribute-editing

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Jul 11 04:22:32 EDT 2006

Hello Paolo,

thanks for your comments.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:09:00 +0200 Paolo Cavallini
<cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> This is for either:
> - - associating more than one record of the same table to the same
> geometric element, or

OK, understood. I have not yet found any usecases for this yet.

> - - to associate more categorical layers (ie more tables) to the same
> geometry (vector).

in GRASS-terminology this is called 'layers'. yes, understood too. But
I thought this goes to a different tables (linked to different
'layers').

> A bit intricate, but very powerful.

The different 'layers' are very powerfull indeed, but I think I do not
get it right here in the use with QGIS. I thought this is done through
the 'layer' selector in the edit-dialog.
?!

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508