[Qgis-developer] adding entry to legend view

nitin quick quick.nitin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:39:43 EDT 2006

i think it may not be.
I don't think i could call named pipe as vector data source. It is more of
asynchronous which i can ultimately desire to save as  one of the
postgis/shape file(i am looking to work on that later since i curently have
no idea in this regard.). Also that data from pipe can keep on coming for 18
minuets asynchrnously, so i am treating it as  non stop data, also how many
thread will push data on pipe are not static.
Iam also no able to intrepret it" So all you need to do is to add this
provider to a vector layer and add this layer to the legend". I think it
mean simply add it as a vector lyer and  to legend. but what about updation
of it which may flicker badly if again a layer is refreshed completely.
only some points may get changed.

Now i am thinking  2 ways of doing it.
First:  use QgsDataProvider then provide functionality for all the
functions.i feel i ned to work out on Spatial refrence system. These Points
currently i am intrepreting over map but i want them to come independently
of map. SRS i am good at. This concept is very weak of mine. Then Projection
WKT, for simple points defining latlong location what i can feed to it. No
idea.
Then how to keep updating it, same issue.
Second is extension to my current plugin which display points read from fifo
on canvas using qgsmapcanvasitem. Then i am thinking of generating a grid
kinda view with each row for each element updating them continuously for
location . What i also looking for is if i click on any item on canvas it
should get highletd with correspondent or vice versa.i need to capture click
event of canvas but i need to work out here how to capture click( which i
think cnavas provides) and associate it to one of the object.

I need help on above issue. I think ihave cleared well what i am thinking of
doing. Any suggestion or guidance is open heartidily welcome.

regards
quick nitin