[Qgis-developer] why the old qgis dev list is still mantained?

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Mon Jul 24 10:55:14 EDT 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 2:15 AM, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Is there a reason why qgis-developer at lists.sourceforge.net is still
> mantained? I thought the only qgis dev list address is
> qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org.

Its supposed to be. I have to get the SourceForge admins to shut down
the mailing lists.

> I noticed I miss a part of qgis related discussions due to being
> subscribed only to qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org, while people keep on
> posting to qgis-developer at lists.sourceforge.net often, and the
> discussion is continued using this address. Such discussion are not
> forwarded to qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org, so many can't
> participate! I
> noticed this accidently, when I fetched my old email box which I used
> for qgis mailing lists months ago, where I found
> qgis-developer at lists.sourceforge.net threads which never appeared on
> official qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org.

When I see posts come into the old list I attempt to redirect them to
the new one but I miss some. I'll post the request to remove the old
lists today.

> And qgis user lists - the same (didn't check that)?
Yes

Gary Sherman
Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com
   *Geospatial Hosting