[Qgis-developer] failed assertion error

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Mon Jun 5 14:30:56 EDT 2006

Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> I am getting the following error when trying to start a recent build of
> qgis on OS X. Does anyone recognize this:
>
> barbaloot:~/src/qgis_stable_07/src/qgis.app/Contents/MacOS kwythers$ ./qgis
> Qt: QApplication: Warning argv[0] == './qgis' is relative.
> In order to dispatch events correctly Mac OS X may require applications
> to be run with the *full* path to the executable.
> qgisapp.cpp:525: failed assertion `!myProjPixmap.isNull()'
> Abort trap

Looks like the images for the projection icon are missing. Check to see
if the following are present in the images/themes/default/ directory:
mIconProjectionDisabled.png
mIconProjectionEnabled.png
mIconProjectionProblem.png

If not, copy them from the source directory to your install directory.
--
-gary

Gary Sherman
Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com