[Qgis-developer] unknown geometry type of GEOMETRY in postgis layer

nitin quick quick.nitin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 00:29:00 EDT 2006

i tried this also but not of use.
here is some of the commands which i tried and corresponding output which i
got.

ogr2ogr -nlt POINT  -f PostgreSQL PG:dbname=mydb
/home/prince/mainfo_dgn/44g1.dgn
ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed.
ERROR:  new row for relation "elements" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_wkb_geometry"

Command: INSERT INTO "elements" (wkb_geometry , "type", "level",
"graphicgroup", "colorindex", "weight", "style") VALUES
(GeomFromEWKT('SRID=-1;LINESTRING (-0.055 -0.025,0.055 -0.025)'::TEXT) , 3,
27, 0, 3, 2, 0)
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer elements
ogr2ogr -nlt MULTIPOLYGON  -f PostgreSQL PG:dbname=mydb
/home/prince/mainfo_dgn/44g1.dgn
ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed.
ERROR:  new row for relation "elements" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_wkb_geometry"

Command: INSERT INTO "elements" (wkb_geometry , "type", "level",
"graphicgroup", "colorindex", "weight", "style") VALUES
(GeomFromEWKT('SRID=-1;LINESTRING (-0.055 -0.025,0.055 -0.025)'::TEXT) , 3,
27, 0, 3, 2, 0)
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer elements

ogr2ogr -nlt POLYGON  -f PostgreSQL PG:dbname=mydb
/home/prince/mainfo_dgn/44g1.dgn
ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed.
ERROR:  new row for relation "elements" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_wkb_geometry"

Command: INSERT INTO "elements" (wkb_geometry , "type", "level",
"graphicgroup", "colorindex", "weight", "style") VALUES
(GeomFromEWKT('SRID=-1;LINESTRING (-0.055 -0.025,0.055 -0.025)'::TEXT) , 3,
27, 0, 3, 2, 0)
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer elements

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" /home/prince/44g1.shp
/home/prince/mainfo_dgn/44g1.dgn
ERROR 1: Attempt to write non-linestring (POINT) geometry to ARC type
shapefile.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer elements

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" /home/prince /home/prince/mainfo_dgn/44g1.dgn
-nlt LINESTRING
ERROR 1: Attempt to write non-linestring (POINT) geometry to ARC type
shapefile.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer elements

thanks for help
quick nitin