[Qgis-developer] Latest features ready to commit - which branch?

humarco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 27 04:38:59 EDT 2006

Hi Brendan,

Nice to see you are back!
I have some comments about your recent commits:

First of all, thanks for the bugfixes in the snapping code and for making the
postgresprovider editing code <1.0 compatible.

As far as i see, you changed the snapping code for moveVertex such that it
uses snap to segment now instead of snap to point? In my opinion, this is a
new feature and not a bugfix. It is pretty risky to make this in the current
phase before the release. In this case, this new feature breaks rubber
banding for moveVertex.
The reason for this is that snap to segment does not set the rubber band
indexes. This was not necessary up to now, since snap to segment was only
used for 'addVertex' and for this, the rubber band indexes are just
vertexNumber-1 and vertexNumber+1. For 'moveVertex', rubber banding is more
complicated, because the vertex to be moved could be the first vertex of a
line or the first/last vertex of a polygon ring. Therefore, the indexes of
the rubber band points are determined in QgsGeometry::closestVertex (but not
(yet?) in QgsGeometry::closestSegmentWithContext).

> 3. In Vertex editing, add the ability to turn snap-mode (snap the vertex
> being edited to other verticies in the same layer) off.

At the moment, snap-mode can be turned off by setting the tolerance to 0. Ok,
it may be not so convinient. If you plan to make a checkbox in the gui i
suggest to do so after 0.8.

Greetings,
Marco