[Qgis-developer] Canvas key press in plugins

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu May 11 06:35:54 EDT 2006

Hi,
I wanted to recieve key press in QgsCanvas in QgsGrassEdit to enable
tools' shortcuts, but I found that calling
keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent *e) in QgsGrassEdit has no efect
do you have idea why?

For now I implemented QgsGrassEdit::keyPress(QKeyEvent *e)
with switch which is not optimal because shortcuts are
defined in 2 places (actions and keyPress() ).

Another problem is that QgsGrassEdit is using function keys
(which can be easily located IMO) but QGIS is using F1
already for help. What to do? I understand that F1 for help
is standard but it would be useful to have it assigned to
digit tool.

Radim