[Qgis-developer] plotting points on qgis canvas

nitin quick quick.nitin at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:03:27 EDT 2006

thanks marco and martin,
Currently i am focussing on plotting some point( currently not vector data
but it may have some relation to map projection).Currently i am focussing on
statically binding these points in code but later it may come from some
other process or thread through some IPC. I want to keep gui interactive
while plotting these points.

I am trying to exploit acetate layer objects .I tried to install
qt4.1.2(downloaded from trolltech) on my FC4 but it ends up in error
saying
owership rights not resolved and unable to form symbolic link for many
files. Thats why i am currently trying on qt0.7.4 only.
Also i am facing difficulty in adding a menu to menu bar , it says slot
(name of slot correspondent to signal) not found. I did the same in
qgisappbase.uic.in and .cpp as was for other menu items. Do i ned to edit
qgisappbase.ui file with qt designer. I tried to change the defination of
one of the slots but it end up in nothing.

regards
nitin