[Qgis-developer] a lesson to be learned?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 1 02:13:08 EST 2006

Hi Paolo

Well I've pondered these issues for QGIS too as I'm sure others have.
Perhaps we should have put our idea of hiring a bug fixing developer
to the vote first? I think there are numerous issues around gathering
funds and then allocating them to one developer to do work. At the
same time as long as QGIS is always a purely hobbyist project we will
always struggle to get releases out -especially as QGIS grows in
complexity.  Does anyone have any unhappiness towards the idea of
hiring a bug squasher to get this release out? Personally I'm happy
that we do this so that we can get this release out of the way and
march on towards 1.0 release. I have this feeling that 1.0 is the
'magic' time when existing developers can start to make a living as
QGIS developers for hire....

Life always gets complicated when money enters the equation....

Regards

Tim

On 01/11/2006, at 04:52, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

Tim Sutton

Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com