[Qgis-developer] Any preference for QLibrary over Qt plugins?

Lists lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 11:00:33 EST 2006

I'm writing a plugin for QGIS that will require its own plugins. I'd like to
know if anyone has any advice/preferences on the use of either QLibrary as a
means of loading plugins (as used by QgsPluginManager) or the Qt plugin
stuff using QPluginLoader. I know that I'm resticted to extern "C" stuff
with QLibrary. It would also appear that the Qt plugin framework has its own
restrictions with regard to binary compatibility for the versions of Qt used
for the plugin and the hosting code.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David Willis