[Qgis-developer] Sponsorship Challenge Status

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Thu Nov 2 20:11:19 EST 2006

Greetings,

As you are likely aware, we are soliciting donations to fund work on
the QGIS 0.8 release. If you haven't heard, see the Sponsors page at
http://qgis.org/content/view/131/105/ for more information. We will
be contracting with a qualified developer within the next two weeks.

To date we have had 16 donations totaling $769 US. This is a great
start, however it represents participation from only 1.6% of
registered QGIS users.

The donations have come from five countries:
Italy (7)
Canada (4)
Poland (2)
France (2)
Portugal (1)

We would like to be able to fund a developer beyond November and to
do that we need your help. All funds donated are used for
development. There is no overhead or administrative charge, other
than that assessed by PayPal. All charges are shown on the Sponsors
page.

If you use QGIS I would like to encourage you to help in this effort.
There are recommended sponsorship levels on the Sponsors page,
however you can donate any amount you like. Every little bit helps.

Lets get some more flags on the page!

Thanks for supporting QGIS.

-gary

Gary Sherman