[Qgis-developer] New field in bug tracker

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Fri Nov 10 11:11:04 EST 2006

I have added a "Must-fix" field to the bug tracker. This field should
be set to "Yes" for all bugs that must be fixed prior to a release.

Why add a field? To me the priority fields define the severity of the
bug rather than its relationship to the release. There are critical
bugs (crashers) that must be fixed, but there are also other less
severe bugs that should be fixed prior to release. This field allows
us to tag those and consider them for resolution prior to release.

We have done similar things in the past, listing issues that are must
fix. This just formalizes that a bit without making torturing the
priority field in trac.

That said, marking everything as must fix for the initial 0.8 release
will just delay things. Lets use the field to mark those bugs that
are easily fixed and will close some long standing issues.

-gary
Gary Sherman
Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com
   *Geospatial Hosting