[Qgis-developer] Change symbol \\ using jpeg image \\ and proj(delimited text)

Schalk Snyman snymans at wbs.co.za
Wed Oct 4 17:46:05 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

1. I want to change the symbols displayed on my map. e.g. to the car
symbol. My current code looks like this:

// Change symbol
QString strSymbolName = "car"; ////
QgsSymbol * syCar = new QgsSymbol; ////
syCar->setNamedPointSymbol(strSymbolName); ////
syCar->setPointSize(6);
//............................................
QgsVectorLayer * mypLayerPoints = new QgsVectorLayer(uri, "results",
"delimitedtext");
QgsSingleSymbolRenderer *mypRendererPoints = new
QgsSingleSymbolRenderer(mypLayerPoints->vectorType());
mypRendererPoints->addSymbol(syCar); ////

Unfortunately the symbols are not displayed then :-(
Should I specify the path to the svg folder?
2. Also: is it possible to display a jpeg file as a map in QGIS? If
possible will the projection def's be similar to those for shape files?
3. How can I change the projection used for the delimited text file
layer?

????-overloaded

Schalk

P.S. Placelabs uses location fingerprinting for their estimations. Much
more accurate than CellID (see previous post)