[Qgis-developer] GRASS related issues

Byambaa Mendbayar mendbayar_b at mongol.net
Mon Oct 9 06:33:10 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I want to use GRASS plug-in for digitizing and managing vector layers. I But
I do not know where I should start. (Of course I had import GRASS plug-in
using QGIS plug-in manager) How can I start GRASS? Should I, install GRASS
extra than QGIS? Just my platform is Windows XP.

I guess that my following question isn't suited for QGIS developers but
please inform and suggest to me.
	- GRASS vs. Proprietary GIS systems like ArcGIS, ENVI and etc...
	- Can GRASS do common GIS functionality?

Excuse me please; I am not a GIS user,

Best regards,
	Byambaa Mendbayar