[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] v3 rc1 of GEOS support for QGIS

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 12 09:03:12 EDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> On 11-Oct-06, at 11:06 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>>> I think we, the community, should start asking ourselves how to secure a
>>> smoother future for our beloved qgis.
>
> I agree - any ideas?

I think the screencasts idea is one that users would love:

http://lists.qgis.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2006-August/000364.html

I know it requires much time to prepare good casts, but I also
believe non-programmers could find it as a great way to support
QGIS project.

As an example of cool screencasts, here are Inkscape workshops for
polish users, with voice instructions:

http://www.inf.sgsp.edu.pl/lab/filmiki/filmiki.php

The website is in polish, sorry.
You can click *.mpeg links from the pink table and watch
them, as an example.

These screencasts were recorded using xvidcap program:
http://xvidcap.sourceforge.net/

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot