[Qgis-developer] Why the code in core depends of code code in gui

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:49:39 EDT 2006

On 10/17/06, godofredo contreras <frdcn at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was trying to figure out how to solve a compilation problem with qmake and
> visual studio
>
> qgsdistancearea.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
> __thisc
> all QgsCoordinateTransform::QgsCoordinateTransform(void)"
> (??0QgsCoordinateTrans
> form@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall
> QgsDistanceArea::QgsDis
> tanceArea(void)" (??0QgsDistanceArea@@QAE at XZ)
>
> I found that when ..src/core/qgsdistancearea has a dependency to
> qgscoordinatetransform in ../src/gui. is not supposed that code in core is
> the base for everything?  or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

this is a problem :-/
I don't know how to cope with this issue, BUT if you really want to
compile QGIS with MSVC, you can try Lib_Refactoring-branch from SVN
which I'm working on. You can find some information about it on wiki
page:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Splitting_Into_Libraries
In that branch there are many resolved dependencies and more - see the
list on the wiki page. Moreover CMake is used in favour of autotools
and I've managed to build it successfully on windows using both mingw
and msvc. But this branch is still relatively unstable and some things
might not work correctly.

Other possibility is to use Mateusz's howto for building with MSVC here:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Building_Quantum_GIS_with_Visual_C%2B%2B_2005
but probably you will need to tweak the attached project files.

Martin