[Qgis-developer] QT 4.3 vectors rendering benchmarks

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 31 08:21:05 EST 2006

Hi,

Here I'm forwarding interesting article [1] from Zack Rusin's blog.
He benchmarked QT 4.3 - highly optimized version of QT for graphics
rendering with other available renderers like Cairo.
Generally, the conclusion is that rendering polygons is going to be
bloody fast, what sounds cool for GIS applications as Quantum GIS is.
Despite of the huge number of comments and long discussion [2] on Zack's
blog, I believe it's interesting for QGIS development.

[1] http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/benchmarks.html
[2] http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/disappointing.html

Cheers
--