[Qgis-developer] Lines are invisible in GRASS plugin

qgis at rigacci.org qgis at rigacci.org
Fri Sep 1 12:52:21 EDT 2006

I'm investigating a strange problem, the same QGIS-GRASS plugin
behave differently on three different machines.

On two machines no problems (just some crashes), on the third
machine:

I add a GRASS vector layer (lines), the layer is correctly
displayed.

When I start the Edit GRASS vector layer, the window pops-up, but
the lines disappear. Also the nodes are invisible.

The plugin is functional: I can add a line and I see the gray
line untill I close it, then it becomes invisible. When I close
the Edit plugin, the GRASS layer become visible again and
contains the new line too.

One more thing: if the GRASS layer is above another layer (say a
GPX), when I start the Edit plugin, the lines appears just where
they intersect objects in the under layer.

I include two snapshots (Grass layer is red, GPX is gray):

- Normal:  http://paros.rigacci.org/tmp/qgis-no-edit.jpg
- Editing: http://paros.rigacci.org/tmp/qgis-grass-edit.jpg

In what direction can I investigate? QT? X-Window? ...?

- I start QGIS standalone, not within the GRASS shell.
- All the machines are Debian Testing lined up at the same day.
- The QGIS is a build from SVN, made on 2006-08-31.
- If I open the GRASS mapset inside GRASS 6.2beta1 (the one used to
  compile my QGIS) the v.digit works as expected.
- I tried to increase the line width and change the color into
  the plugin: nope. The rendering of lines is broken.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy

Iraq, missione di pace: 41041 morti - www.iraqbodycount.net