[Qgis-developer] wfs provider and plugin in svn

humarco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat Sep 2 13:17:51 EDT 2006

Dear qgis developers,

In the last days, I did commit a wfs provider/ plugin to svn and I saw in the
logs that this has lead to some confusion.

For the university project I'm working on, I had to write a minimal wfs client
capable of doing getCapabilities and getFeature. It is written as pure
plugin/provider and should not disturb the rest of qgis (besides the build
process, sorry Gavin). That's the reason I commited it to svn instead of
making another branch. I thought that I would get more feedback and
bugreports from other developers/ power users like this. Of course wfs client
should not be part of 0.8 as it is too unstable.

The current situation is that wfs plugin/provider are in svn but do not get
built without hacking plugins/Makefile.am and providers/Makefile.am. What do
other developers think about this? Should wfs be out of svn tree? It would
also be possible for me to store the sources of wfs plugin/provider on a
university svn server until after release.

Thanks for your feedback,
Marco