[Qgis-developer] Mac QCursor Not Working

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 5 10:37:44 EDT 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 12:03 AM, Tom Elwertowski wrote:

> I downloaded QGIS-0.8-CVS060729.dmg from kyngchaos.com and the
> default arrow cursor still appears for me instead of the XPM
> cursors such as Identify, ZoomIn and ZoomOut.
>
> Perhaps it has something to do with using an older Mac - I have a
> Sawtooth/AGP G4. The custom cursors work with Qt3, stopped working
> in 4.0 and still don't work in 4.2.
>
> Does my qgis-0.8.0pre1.dmg from qgis.org display custom cursors for
> others?

I have the cursors with your build.

I don't know about that old Mac - it should support OSX just like any
other G4.  Maybe there is a graphics card issue (slow/features)?  Or
maybe it's the OS - are you running Panther or Tiger on it?  If Qt is
tapping into the system for some graphic formats, Panther might not
support XPM images correctly.  Quicktime?

PS. this isn't your main Mac is it?  I had to drop back to an 867 MHz
PB (I already passed my faster PB on to someone else at work) while
my MacBook is in the shop, and running heavy-duty stuff like graphics
apps and Xcode builds is painful.  I'm spoiled. ^_^

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy